.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

7/17/2006

 

Just because they're "Upper Management" doesn't mean they're polite.

Dear Laurie,

I was listening to you today on the Allen Handelmen radio show on FM Talk 101.1 in North Carolina, prior to going to work. Great job! I plan on purchasing your book this weekend. I was unable to get through the clogged phone lines during the radio show, but I had two questions for you.

1. What is the best way to address Etiquette of Upper Management? Often times I am meetings with my Unit Manager (direct supervisor) and other Senior Management and their blackberries are left on the table, they are talking, or working on their laptops. It makes me feel as though the meeting we are in, is not important to them. It is really inconsiderate, but it's hard to try to tell your boss this.

2. How do you address one on one meetings with clients/accounts who take cell phone calls during your meeting time? Yesterday I was in a one on one meeting with an account, they received several cell phone calls during our meeting, however I was being rushed because he had somewhere else to go. What is the appropriate way to address having a mutual respect for one another?

I would appreciate your advice, or suggestions from your blog readers. Thank you!

Terry
Sales Manager

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?